65 Victoria Street Warwick Southern Downs 4370
Autism Sensory Detective Workshop for teachers, health professionals, support workers and families.
The Workshop HANDOUT NOTES will be emailed prior to the event.
The workshop provides a detailed description of individuals on the Autism Spectrum, including profiles on the neurology, biology, cognitive processing, perception differences and learning styles of those with the condition.
The workshop offers a vivid insight into the subtle intricacies of Autism/Asperger’s; but more importantly provides participants a myriad of strategies to engage successfully with individuals on the Spectrum.
Participants will learn specific techniques for dealing with challenging behaviours and meltdown and how to decrease stress in those with AS.
The training includes Nelle’s high-impact Sensory Detective Workshop ® – an interactive exercise that allows you to look at Autism/Asperger’s from the inside out! You’ll learn first hand how sensory stimuli influences all behaviour, emotional development and academic progress. With this knowledge you’ll find adopting simple accommodations and differentiation strategies becomes second nature!
- understand Autism/Asperger’s
- in-depth knowledge of characteristics
- knowledge of biological traits of ASD
- in-depth knowledge of physiology of meltdowns
- recognise sensory agitation
- link sensory issues + all behaviour
- establish accommodations/differentiations for student
The day concludes with techniques for becoming ‘Sensory Detectives’ and a variety of helpful Apps for iDevices.
WHO SHOULD COME ALONG?
Families, Carers, Teachers, Psychologists, Speechies, OT’s, Support Workers
Nelle Frances is – author *Ben and His Helmet series * Sustainable Social Skills Programme* Asperger Child – Simply Explained*, parent of a child with Asperger’s Syndrome, Consultant, Special Needs Educator, Sensory Awareness Training program, Facilitator of AS Adult Social Group (18-35’s).
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Contribution (6 hours):- Please retain your Certificate of Attendance as a record of CPD. Workshop aligns to General Capabilities in particular the organising elements of Personal & Social Capabilities, Critical & Creative Thinking and Ethical Behaviour within the Australian Curriculum.
- NSW NESA Accredited Course “Decoding Autism/Asperger’s behaviours through sensory awareness”
- Registration commences at 8:30am.
Cancellation Policy: Notification of cancellation received in writing no less that 3 days prior to the workshop will be refunded less $30- processing fee. No refunds will be given within 72 hours of the workshop.
Disclaimer: The information, articles and opinions contained in workshops and presentations are those of Nelle Frances, provided for information, general education and support purposes only. The information is not intended to, nor does it, constitute medical or treatment advice. Nelle Frances disclaims any liability arising directly or indirectly from the information provided in her Interactive Sensory Sensitivity Workshop and Keynote Presentations.